These development charges are in effect as of July 9, 2014.
- Single detached dwelling and semi-detached dwelling:
- Within the urban area: $ 11,300.00 per unit
- Within the non-urban area: $5,996.00 per unit
- Townhouse dwelling: $6,002.00 per unit
- Apartment dwelling: $5,545.00 per unit
- Urban Area - Tourist Core: $23.30 per square metre of gross floor area ($2.16 per sq. ft.)
- Urban Area - Excluding Tourist Core: $37.96 per square metre of gross floor area ($3.53 per sq. ft)
- Non-Urban Area: $16.36 per square metre of gross floor area ($1.52 per sq. ft.)
Industrial Development Charges were abolished in November 2001.
For complete details, refer to the Development Charges By-law 2014-87. For map of the Urban & Non-Urban areas, refer to Schedule “B” of the By-law.
Development Charges 2014
A municipality is required to update its Development Charges every five years. At the link below, please find the background study that will provide the basis for the proposed 2014 Development Charges by-law.
The documents came from an external source and should you require an alternative (i.e., accessible) format, please contact Dean Iorfida.