These development charges are in effect as of August 1, 2013.
- Single detached dwelling and semi-detached dwelling:
- Within the urban area: $ 10,509.00 per unit
- Within the non-urban area: $4,313.00 per unit
- Townhouse dwelling: $7,006.00 per unit
- Apartment dwelling: $5,718.00 per unit
- Urban Area - Tourist Core: $20.585 per square metre of gross floor area ($1.92 per sq. ft.)
- Urban Area - Excluding Tourist Core: $50.114 per square metre of gross floor area ($4.66 per sq. ft)
- Non-Urban Area: $17.920 per square metre of gross floor area ($1.66 per sq. ft.)
Industrial Development Charges were abolished in November 2001.
For complete details, refer to the Development Charges By-law 2009-120. For map of the Urban & Non-Urban areas, refer to Schedule “B” of the By-law. For list of Commercial uses, refer to Schedule “C” of the By-law.