Niagara Falls Dog Park
NOTE: The Niagara Falls Dog Park will be closed for winter maintenance starting December 1st, 2013 until the Spring of 2014, weather permitting. For further questions on the closure, please call the City's Service Centre at 905 356 1355.
NEW VOLUNTEER MEMBERS WELCOME TO APPLY
The Friends of Niagara Falls Dog Parks Volunteer Committee is a group of passionate residents who act as ambassadors for the dog park. The role of the Committee is educate the public regarding the rules of the dog park, etiquette, host/participate with special events geared towards education and to advise City Staff through the Chair of the Committee of issues pertaining to the dog park. The Committee is supported by a City Staff Liaison, The Niagara Falls Humane Society and the Stamford Centre Volunteer Firemen's Association. Currently, they are seeking new volunteers to join. The Committee is actively looking for respectful individuals with experience volunteering with a volunteer Committee who are interested in helping to maintain the Committee website, a secretary and small dog park representative. If you are interested, please email the Committee Chair. Once interest has been expressed, an appointment for an interview will be made. Please note, the Committee has a limited amount of positions.
Overview of Committee Functions:
- Regular Monthly meetings on the 4th Wednesday of each month starting at 5:30pm (excluding December).
- Volunteers to participate with special events, including an annual dog park clean-up.
- Educate the public at the dog park regarding the Rules and Regulations and dog park etiquette.
- Advise City Staff - through the Chair of the Committee - regarding maintenance issues that arise.
About the Park
Located at Fireman's Park on Mountain Road and Dorchester Road. The new leash free dog park is now open for all residents to enjoy. This is the first leash free dog park in Niagara Falls. A "Friends of the leash free dog park" Volunteer Committee has been established to help ensure the success of the park. You can also email the Niagara Falls Dog Park Committee or visit the Friends of the Dog Park website. Phone inquiries can call 905-356-7521 ext 3330.
The City of Niagara Falls provides free poop and scoop dog bags for residents to utilize year round, encouraging the public to keep our City clean. In total, there are 30 dog bag dispensers that are scattered throughout the City. To help off-set the costs of these dog bags, the City is encouraging sponsorship opportunities with businesses and organizations who are interested in promoting their establishment on the dog bag dispensers. For complete details, please view the Dispenser Sponsorship document (map and rates included) or complete the online sponsorship form.
Rules of the Leash Free Dog Park
- This dog park is operated and maintained by the City of Niagara Falls
- Dog park is open daily from dawn to dusk
- Dog Owners are subject to the Ontario Dog Owner’s Liability Act and applicable City By-Laws
- The City of Niagara Falls and the Stamford Centre Volunteer Firemen's Association (S.C.V.F.A.) have authority to deny access to the dog park
- All dogs shall have valid dog license tags and vaccinations (eg. rabies)
- All dogs shall be subject to health or tag inspections by the City and/or the Niagara Falls Humane Society
- No glass containers, food or toys are permitted in the dog park
- Children under the age of 13 shall have adult supervision in the dog park
- Dogs must be kept in sight and under verbal control at all times
- Dogs under 4 months, female dogs in heat, sick or injured dogs and aggressive dogs are not allowed in the dog park
- No dogs wearing prong collars allowed in the dog park
- Dogs of specific sizes shall use either the small dog area or large dog area as posted
- No more than 3 dogs may be brought in by an individual dog owner/handler
- Users are advised to use the dog park at their risk and discretion
- Aggressive dogs must be removed from the dog park immediately
- Dog park may be closed seasonally, during winter months at the discretion of the City
- No smoking or alcoholic beverages permitted in dog park
- The City of Niagara Falls reserves the right to close the dog park to public use at any time, during maintenance operations or for scheduled special events
- The City of Niagara Falls and the S.C.V.F.A. are not responsible for any loss, damage or injury that may occur from the use of this dog park
- Users are subject to By-law No. 71-57 as amended
Please ensure enjoyment of this dog park by cleaning up after your dog(s). For questions, to report vandalism or concerns, please contact the City of Niagara Falls at 905-356-1355, or visit the Niagara Falls RZone page for information on submitting a report.
Full Interactive Mapping