City of Niagara Falls facilities including City Hall, Coronation 50 Plus Recreation Centre, the Recreation and Culture office at MacBain Community Centre, Niagara Falls Museums, and the administrative offices at the Municipal Service Centre, will be closed on the following dates:
- New Year's Holiday - Thursday, January 1
- Family Day - Monday, February 16
- Good Friday - Friday, April 3
- Easter Monday - Monday, April 6
- Victoria Day - Monday, May 18
- Canada Day - Wednesday, July 1
- Civic Holiday - Monday, August 3
- Labour Day - Monday, September 7
- Thanksgiving - Monday, October 12
- "Christmas Floater" - Thursday, December 24?
- Christmas Day - Friday, December 25
- "Boxing Day" - Monday, December 28
- New Years Eve - Thursday, December 31 (Closing at 3:00 p.m.)
- New Years Day - Friday, January 1, 2016
Even when administrative office are closed, the City is staffed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond to emergency situations. During the holiday closures, or after regular business hours, please call 905-356-1355 in the event of a municipal service related emergency.
You can also contact the City via the options on Contact City Hall page.
Niagara Falls Transit Schedule
View the Bus Routes page for information on any route changes or time changes during the holiday schedule.
Arena Holidays and Closings
The Arenas have a different holiday schedule. View the Arena Opening and Closing Dates for their holiday schedule.
The province of Ontario has the following statutory holidays: New Year's Day, Family Day, Good Friday, Victoria Day, Canada Day, Civic Holiday, Labour Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Government offices and many businesses are traditionally closed on the aforementioned holidays. Some also choose to close on Boxing Day as well.
If you want to find out more information about the Retail Holiday Act and how it applies to Niagara Falls, view the Statutory Holidays page.