Thank you to all volunteers, participants, donors and sponsors. On July 1, 2017, we will celebrate Canada’s 150th Birthday. Please email your suggestions for the 150th Celebration.
2016 Friday, July 1 Event Schedule
5km Run/Walk for St. John Ambulance at Oakes Park, Morrison Street
- 8:00 am - Registration at Oakes Park.
- 9:00 am - Run/Walk begins.
Downtown Niagara Falls
- 9:00 am - Citizenship Ceremony at the Seneca Queen Theatre.
- 10:00 am - 11:00 am - Niagara Falls Concert Band in front of the Niagara Falls Public Library on Victoria Avenue.
- 11:00 am - Parade begins with Parka from Parks Canada as Grand Marshall.
- 12:20 pm - Parade ends at Queen Street and St. Clair Avenue.
Main Stage at City Hall on Queen Street
- Free birthday cake, while supplies last!
- Free caricatures, free face painting, free Henna tattoos, free raffle at City Hall
Entertainment Hosted by Pete Dychtair and Rita Carrey
- 12:30 pm - Opening Ceremonies.
- 1:00 pm - Chicago Transit (Chicago tribute band).
- 2:00 pm - Rookie.
- 3:00 pm - The Kings.
- 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm - Live music continues.
Niagara Arts Showcase
Local public art on display and for sale at Queen Street and St. Clair Avenue to Ontario Street. Special performances by Paradisaea Aerial Dance & Cameron Lee.
Queen Street from Victoria Avenue to Crysler Avenue. Sponsored by Brock Ford Sales and Hosted by Cruising on the Q. The car show ill run from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
Scotiabank Children’s Zone
- 11:00 am to 4:00 pm - Free Electronic Animal Rides.
- 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm - Free Children's Inflatables.
- 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm - Free Rock Climbing Wall.
- 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm - Free Family Mini-Putt.
- 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm - Free Face Painting.
- 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm - Reptile Kingdom.
- 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm - Legoland Play Area.
- 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm - Community Group Interactive Displays.
- 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm - Mad Science Fun Station.
- 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm - Circus Workshop (Isabella Hoops).
- 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm - Mad Science Fun Station.
- Free inflatables located at Queen Street and Erie Avenue.
Scotiabank Children’s Stage (Rosberg Family Park)
Hosted by Sam, Emily and Ken
- 12:30 pm - Baby Boogie Family Dance Party.
- 1:00 pm - Bubbeology Show.
- 1:30 pm - Little Bubby.
- 1:50 pm - Parka from Parks Canada
- 2:00 pm - Mad Science Show.
- 2:30 pm - Princesses Elsa, Anna & Rapunzel (photos after).
- 3:00 pm - Story Time
- 3:30 pm - Ringmaster K & Kiki the Clown.
On Street Entertainment
Hosted by Paul Campigotto
- 12:30 pm - Kobbler Jay.
- 1:00 pm - Flint & Isabella Show.
- 1:30 pm - The Steve Goodtime Show.
- 1:50 pm - Rumba Gipsy.
- 2:30 pm - Treblaires Ladies Show Choir.
- 3:00 pm - The Steve Goodtime Show.
- 3:30 pm - Kobbler Jay.
St. Clair Avenue
- 1:00 pm, 2:00 pm, 3:00pm - Busker; The Mighty Mike Show.
- Appearances by Matt Anthony, Magician & Mentalist.
- 1:00 pm - Cameron Lee.
- 2:30 pm - Cameron Lee.
- 3:00 pm - Paradisaea Aerial Dance.
- 3:15 pm - Randy Thomas
- Appearances by Matt Anthony, Magician & Mentalist.
EXTREME Music, Dance & Sports
Between Crysler Avenue and St. Clair Avenue
- 1:00 pm - Krusher BMX Stunt Team.
- 1:30 pm - Eclipse & DJ Boogie.
- 2:30 pm - Bubbleology Show.
- 2:30 pm - Eclipse & DJ Boogie.
- 3:00 pm - Krusher BMX Stunt Team.
Plus Hoola Hoop Fun Zone, Top Shot Hockey and Skateboarding demos.
*Please note the above schedule is subject to change.
Live Music at City Hall - June 30 & July 1 hosted by Downtown BIA
Thursday, June 30
- 5:00 pm - C.D. Onofrio
- 5:45 pm - Nathanial Goold and Horseshoe Falls
- 6:30 pm - Too Much of Jon
- 7:15 pm - Katey Gatta
- 8:00 pm - The Broken Lyre
Friday, July 1
- 5:00 pm - Alex Edmondson
- 6:00 pm - TBA
- 7:00 pm - Street Pharmacy
- 8:00 pm - Xprime
For more info on the evening entertainment, follow on Facebook.
Canada Day along the Niagara Parks
In the evening by the Falls in Queen Victoria Park, Niagara Parks – Entertainment & Fireworks
- 6:45 pm - Cake Cutting Ceremony & Entertainment.
- 8:00 pm - Coca Cola Concert Series at the Illumination Tower Stage.
- 10:00 pm - Fireworks in Queen Victoria Park.
The Niagara Parks Commission is proud to announce that on Friday, July 1, the Niagara Parkway will be a car-free zone between Clifton Hill and Fraser Hill, from 7 a.m. to 12 midnight. Visitors are encouraged to bring their bicycles, enjoy a Horse and Carriage Ride and/or take advantage of the WEGO bus service, which will be operating on its regular route schedule.
WEGO buses and Niagara Parks service vehicles will be the only vehicles operating in the median lanes of Queen Victoria Park on July 1, allowing greater access for all pedestrians and visitors, as well as cyclists to enjoy the beauty of both the American and Canadian Horseshoe Falls.
June 30: Queen Street will be closed from Ontario Street to Erie Avenue from June 30 12:00 pm to July 1 10:00 pm.
July 1: Jepson Street and Amoury Street will be closed at 7:00 am for the formation of the Parade entries. Please ensure vehicles are not parked on the roadway. Victoria Avenue will be closed from 10:00 am until approximately 1:00 pm for the Parade. Queen Street between Ontario and Erie will be closed until 10:00 pm. Queen Street between Victoria Avenue to Ontario Avenue will be closed from 7:00 am until approximately 7:00 pm. Queen Street from Ontario Street to Erie Avenue, will remain closed until 10:00 pm.
The City apologizes for any inconvenience that these street closures may create during this time frame. The City would greatly appreciate your assistance and patience in this matter by planning your day’s activities around the Canada Day Celebration if at all possible.
For more Parade information, volunteer and sponsorship opportunities, please contact Lori Albanese, Community Development Coordinator at 905-356-7521, extension 3332 or email Lori. Not sure how to get to Niagara Falls? Get directions and come join us!