Community Groups Display Booth instructions
Complete the Canada Day Participation form to enter your group or booth in the Canada Day celebration.
On July 1 - Set Up of All Booths & Exhibits MUST be completed by 10:30 am. Please avoid the rush & Set Up prior to 10:00 am.; Tear Down is 5:00 pm. Remember to bring your own tables, tents and chairs! Volunteers will be available to direct you to your location.
Remember Road Closures will be in effect along Victoria Avenue and Queen Street. Parking Permit required for the King Eddy Parking Lot, off Zimmerman. You are responsible for your own signage and decorations.
The Pre-Parade begins at 10:45 am with the Official Parade beginning at 11:00 am. The Parade travels from Victoria Avenue at Armoury Street to Queen Street and St. Clair Avenue.
The Information & Volunteer Office will be located inside the City’s BIZ Office located at 4323 Queen Street, across from City Hall.
Vendors are welcome to complete the vendor application to attend the July 1 Canada Day Celebration before May 7. Please contact Lori Albanese by email or telephone at 905-356-7521, ext. 3332 for a Vendor Package. Please be sure to read the Rules. All Vendor Packages received are subject to acceptance by the Niagara Falls Canada Day Planning Team. Vendors selling food will also need to submit the Niagara Region's Application Form for Food Vendors.
Interested in Volunteering?
For more information, please contact Lori Albanese at 905-356-7521, Extension 3332 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer Code of Conduct
We believe that volunteers are a valuable resource and play a very important role in meeting our mission to provide optimum leisure services which enhance the quality of life, health and well-being of our people, our community, our environment and our economy.
Definition of a Volunteer within the City of Niagara Falls
A "volunteer" is anyone who without compensation performs a task at the direction of and on behalf of the City of Niagara Falls. They must be officially accepted by the City prior to performance of the task. Volunteers shall not be considered as "employees" of the City of Niagara Falls.
We Commit to our Volunteers by:
- Providing you with a detailed, current volunteer position description that outlines your volunteer role;
- Creating an environment where there is open communication, a sense of teamwork and respect for diversity and individuality between volunteers and staff;
- Providing community service hours;
- Recognizing you for your contributions and accomplishments
As a City of Niagara Falls Recreation & Culture Volunteer, we expect Volunteers to:
- Participate in a mandatory training and orientation with a Recreation & Culture staff member;
- Act as an ambassador for The City of Niagara Falls, Recreation and Culture Department
- Promote a team atmosphere by respecting individual differences, valuing diversity of opinion and working with others to achieve the goals of our organization
- Providing an exceptional quality, service to our community by being friendly, informed and respectful
- Dressing in a fashion that provides a clean appearance, that is appropriate for the event and weather;
- Sign in when you arrive at your volunteer location
- Have a positive attitude while volunteering!
Benefits of Volunteering
A benefit to volunteering can include, but not limited to social interaction (staff, volunteers and community members), community involvement and development of new skills and professional contacts.
This is a great opportunity to collect community service hours. If you wish to collect volunteer hours, please contact Lori Albanese at the City of Niagara Falls at 905-356-7521 ext. 3332. Anyone under the age of 18 years of age must have parental or guardian consent to volunteer.
Safety & Conduct
- Volunteers are prohibited to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol while performing volunteer duties and representing the City of Niagara Falls.
- Volunteers are expected to comply with the policies, expectations and directions given by City of Niagara Falls staff to ensure both personal safety and success of the event.
- Volunteers are expected to act in an appropriate and respectful manner with other volunteers, staff and the community.
- Any volunteer disregarding the Code of Conduct may be asked to forfeit their volunteer position, be subject to disciplinary action and/or asked to exit the premises.
The City of Niagara Falls would like to thank you for your time, dedication and hard work in volunteering! With our combined efforts, we have the power to bring positive change within our community.