2017 Rain Barrel Sale - Saturday, April 29, 2017
Rain barrels will be sold from 9:00am to 12:00pm at the MacBain Community Centre. For complete details on pricing, pre-ordering and rain barrel info, please call 905-356-7521 ext.4210.
Benefits of Rain Barrels
Did you know that lawn and watering make up nealy 40% of total household water use during the summer? Rain barrels are a great way to conserve water! Diverting water from your downspout into a rain barrel allows you to capture and store rain water that can be used to water your flower beds and gardens. Rain is naturally soft water and devoid of minerals and, for this reason, plants respond very well to rainwater.
Features of the Rain Barrel
- Model: Forest City Models & Patterns Ltd. Raincatcher 4000
- Barrel-shaped heavy-duty, dark green plastic with interconnecting feature
- Bug screen and hose clip
- 205 litre capacity, approximately 32" high
- Child safe
- Overflow valve and hose to direct overflow rain away from house
- Approximately 24” diameter - fits in compact car
- Weighs approximately 10 lbs empty
- Minimum assembly required (attach overflow hose and dispensing hose using simple clamps provided)
Assembling your Rain Barrel