Niagara Falls Hydro Holding Corporation is Seeking a Director to be placed on the Niagara Peninsula Energy Inc. Board
The following criteria for the overall composition of the Board and characteristics of individual directors:
All candidates for consideration for nomination to the Board must:
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident as defined in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada);
- Resided in Canada for more than 183 days within the previous 365 days;
- Have no un-discharged bankruptcies;
- Board members have the capability and willingness to attend and to contribute at Board meetings and functions on a regular basis.
The qualifications of candidates for the Board shall, where possible, include the following:
- Industry Knowledge including, but not limited to, knowledge of competitive energy markets
- Commercial Experience, Sensitivity and Acumen
- Time Availability
- Corporate Finance; Accounting Experience
- Corporate Governance Experience
- Market Development
- Independence, objective, and of sound judgment
- Knowledge of Public Policy and Government Regulation Issues relating to the Corporations and the industry
- Knowledge and Experience concerning Environmental Matters, Labour relations and occupational Health and Safety issues
- Knowledge of Local Community
- Business Expertise including marketing, product development, mergers and acquisitions and/or retail experience
- Experience on boards of significant Commercial Corporations, preferably with revenues of $10 million annually or more
- Knowledge and Experience in Risk Management
Director Nomination Process
The appointment of Board members is the privilege of the Shareholders. Recommendations by the Board of suitable nominees may be provided to the Shareholders for consideration.
Where a vacancy occurs at any time in the membership of any Board Committee, the Committee shall recommend to the Board a member to fill such vacancy.
Terms of Office
The terms of office are subject to the Shareholder’s agreement.
Interested applicants can send their cover letter and resume to Natasha Vuckovic, Niagara Falls Holding Corporation Secretary, via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until Monday, January 16, 2017.